Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday Snippet



Vessel
Mickie B. Ashling © 2020
All Rights Reserved

I MUST have dozed off, because the next thing I was aware of was someone knocking on the door. There was barely any light filtering in through the slatted windows, and the illuminated hands of the clock on the nightstand confirmed it was early evening. I’d been asleep for probably an hour―my only way of escaping an impossible situation. Switching on the lamp, I went to see who was so persistent. I was fully prepared to tell Max to leave me alone, but when I yanked the door open, it was Trent. He was in a black turtleneck and a pair of distressed jeans that left little to the imagination. I couldn’t help but notice the respectable bulge. His pale blond hair was about four inches longer than mine, the attractive scruff a much darker shade, which led me to assume he was a natural brunet. His summer blue eyes were the perfect complement to the overall Nordic look, and his gaze raked over my face like a scanner. I was used to public scrutiny, but Trent made me feel exposed, like he was uncovering layers I normally kept under wraps. The guy was supremely confident and I lowered my gaze.
He lifted my chin with his forefinger and softly asked, “Would you like to join us for drinks and dinner?”
“Um…I guess.”
“Where’s your partner?”
“My partner?”
“Aren’t you the one who has the blind boyfriend?”
“You know Cole?”
“No, but I remember everything about you.”
I studied him closer and wondered where this was coming from. “I’m flattered.”
He shrugged. “I was drawn to you when we first met, but everyone, Max included, said you were devoted to your partner and never looked at anyone else. His warning only piqued my interest.”
“Do tell.”
“So where is he?”
“Cole is at home.”
Trent smiled. “Are you still together?”
“Very much so.”
“Then why isn’t he here?”
“You don’t beat around the bush, do you?”
“I usually say what I mean and mean what I say.”
“Huh… I can tell you’re a Dom.”
“You know about our lifestyle?”
“Max and I have been friends for a long time.”
“Were you ever his sub?”
“Hell no.” I shook my head. “I’m nobody’s boy and definitely not into pain.”
“Submission isn’t all about pain,” Trent said, looking surprised. “Do you think every sub is a masochist?”
“Aren’t they?”
“No. The relationship between a Dom and his sub can be much more subtle than that.”
“Maybe you can enlighten me after I’ve had a few drinks.”
He sneered. “You need to be drunk to talk about BDSM?”

________________________________________________________________________________

Vessel is book 2 in the Cutting Cords Series. Both Cutting Cords and Vessel are now available at Amazon and a free read on Kindle Unlimited. 

                                                                   Cutting Cords 


                                                                        Vessel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...