Thursday, February 27, 2020

Throwback Thursday


Today's snippet is from my novel  YIELD book 5 in the Bay Area Professionals Series. It is available in ebook and paperback. Also a free read on Kindle Unlimited.

This novel can be read as a standalone.

Yield
All Rights Reserved
Mickie B. Ashling 2018

“I can’t help wondering what people would say if they knew I was your sub.”
Ethan rested his hand on Rino’s thigh and gave it a mild squeeze. “The only opinion worth dwelling on is mine. Aside from which, you couldn’t be in a friendlier work environment. You’re surrounded by like-minded individuals.”
“I’m working on my comfort levels, but Jay has no idea what we’re about. Do you think it would benefit him to know?”
“It’s none of his concern.”
“But if he’s a kindred spirit, wouldn’t it make him feel better about himself?”
“I think this is wishful thinking on your part.”
“Perhaps. Acknowledging your orientation is one thing, but throw masochistic tendencies into the conundrum and you’re doubly damned. It’s no wonder Jay thinks Lucifer has a hand in this. You have no idea what can go through one’s head in such a stifling, moralistic environment. Anything having to do with the flesh is deemed a sin and a straight ticket to hell.”
“I’ve said this before, sugar. The Catholic religion needs a fucking reboot. The world would be a better place if those poor dudes and dudettes got laid regularly.”
Rino burst out laughing. “All roads do not lead to sex.”
“Maybe not in your vernacular, but as a physician, I can assure you a severe case of blue balls will make you insane—and I don’t mean it figuratively. People have been driven mad by repressed sexual desires.”
“I believe you. The number of pending court cases against rogue priests is proof enough.”
“And those are just the ones you know about,” Ethan rejoined hotly. “There must be thousands of men and women going back centuries who’ve resorted to unspeakable acts of depravity because sex is a natural urge that can’t be shut away like a mad relative.”
“How can a beautiful part of being human be turned into something so evil?”
“It’s unnecessary and does more harm than good.”
“In my next life, if there is such a thing, I’ll change the rules and make the world a better place.”
“Right,” Ethan said ruefully. “You’d have to be a pope to initiate reform.”
“And who’s to say I won’t be?”
Ethan chuckled and parked the car. “Get your ass in gear, Your Holiness, or the boss will dock your pay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...