Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thinky Thoughts on a Thursday.


Like a sponge, I tend to soak up the constant barrage of bad news. Today I'm going to  focus on the positive and, echoing my inspirational poster, list down a few good things to remind myself that I am living my best life despite the overwhelming chaos from all fronts.
  • I am mentally and physically sound according to my last physical a few months ago.
  • My children and grandchildren are thriving.
  • I have a new book releasing on Tuesday,1/28. Finding Our Morning is my first f/m novel and I'm on pins and needles as usual. This behavior is par for the course whenever I have a new book baby. It doesn't matter how many times I've done this (39 in this case) but I will definitely count this as a win.
  • All my intellectual property from DSP (minus the foreign translations and audiobooks) have reverted to me and I will slowly but surely get them back out into the universe. I've decided to self-publish my entire backlist and put them on KU for the first time. 
  • I've received unconditional support from a group of former DSP authors who have helped to sustain me through this painful transition.  
  • I'm still enjoying the part-time job with an excellent plastic surgeon who specializes in FFS. It's been a learning experience and I hope it continues. 
  • I'm booked on a flight to the Basque Country in March. I'll be staying with family for three weeks and hoping to come back rested and inspired to write the sequel to My Semana Grande. 
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a pretty awesome list of good things I should applaud and cherish. How about you? Care to share some positive instead of dwelling on the negative?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...