Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday Snippet



Having achieved his heart’s desire at a high price, Prince Colin of Sendorra and his fiancĂ©, Nobel Prize winner Alain de Gris, find themselves at the epicenter of a twisted plot. Colin’s cousin, Drake Bradford, and his grandmother Maura, the high priestess of the Bradford Coven, have conspired for years to bring down the royal family.

Resembling his cousin in features and coloring, Drake, the soulless rat, has been using their similarities—and black magic—to his advantage. Princess Charlotte, Colin’s ex-girlfriend, is unwittingly drawn into the feud, blissfully unaware she’s been sleeping with an impostor.

In this anticipated sequel to A Tangled Legacy, Colin and Alain, along with their fearless group of witches, ghosts, and familiars, embark on a convoluted journey to save the people they love and ensure the royal succession.

A Noble Cause is the second book in the Legacy Series. Here's your Saturday Snippet...

Pulling his phone out of his back pocket, he pressed Maura’s contact information and waited impatiently for her to pick up. After six rings, she answered with a breathless hello. Taking a huge lungful of air, she exclaimed, “You always call at the most inopportune time.”
“Why? Were you having sex?”
Maura sniffed in outrage. “I almost tripped to reach the phone in time. My death would have been on your conscience, not that you even have one.”
Drake’s mocking laugh was loud and unapologetic. “Get a grip, Granny. I was just joking.”
“Save it for someone else. What’s so damned important?”
“What could be more important than our current dilemma?”
“I’ve been trying to outwit Isabelle’s familiar.”
“Excuse me?”
“The damned owl has been following me all morning.”
“Aren’t you supposed to be keeping a low profile?”
“I have to eat,” she protested. “And you did tell me to be your decoy, so what does it matter if I’m out and about?”
“Kill the motherfucker next time you see him!”
“Easier said than done, dear boy. Why are you nastier than normal?”
“Stop changing the subject, Granny. Did the familiar see you entering the apartment building?”
“I’m not sure.”
“I’ll take that as a yes.”
“I wish you’d give me a little more credit. I’ve survived for decades on my own.”
“Let’s face it, Granny. You’re old and your reaction time is rusty as fuck. I’m worried Isabelle will find you and whisk you off to parts unknown to try to get more information on Charlie.”


Buy Links

NineStar Press

Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...