Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Welcome 2019!






As I say goodbye to 2018 with a sigh of relief, I wanted to showcase some of the books I've read or listened to this past year. They provided hours of entertainment, knowledge, and mostly, escape.

In no particular order, these are some of my 5 star reads. The link underneath the cover will take you directly to the book page on Goodreads where you can peruse the reviews to see if it appeals to you. I read over 200 books this year and couldn't possibly list them all down. These are just some that left an indelible mark.

M/M Genre


40055953
:Edge of Forever

35138461
Kill Game
This is the first in a 5-book series. I inhaled all four books and
each got a 5 star rating. The final book releases in March/2019. I can't wait!


36697128
A Love Song For The Sad Man In The White Coat

33299920
A Charm Of Finches
I discovered Suanne Laqueur this year and gobbled up everything on her back list. This
one was particularly memorable.

27395588
A Little Life
This one was a tough read and not for everyone. 

39911958
Whisper

36070211
Damage Control

40794384
Escaping Exile

42976228
Oz

43280397
The Fairy Pond


M/F Genre
Many of these novels were chosen because of special offers at Audible. I don't think I would have picked them up without the sales pitch, but I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and took the plunge. I seem to enjoy m/f more while I'm listening. I'm not sure why that is but there you have it. 

40697948
Lethal White-Audio

An Exaltation of Larks (Venery, #1)
An Exaltation Of Larks-Kindle
This novel also includes bisexual characters, but it is primarily m/f. An outstanding read.

8667848
A Discovery Of Witches-Audio
The first in a fantastic trilogy recently converted into a mini-series starring Matthew Goode and Theresa Palmer. It releases in the US on January 17, 2019 on Sundance Now.

41014505
The Bronze Horseman-Audio
The first in a trilogy which I picked up as a special on Audible. Couldn't stop with the first. I
loved all three books.

15803037
Red Sparrow-Audio
Another trilogy I picked up as a special on Audible. This spy thriller set in Russia during the Cold War was recently made into a film starring Jennifer Lawrence. The novel is better than the movie, but isn't that always the case? I enjoyed all 3 books.

18180811
The Far Pavillions-Audio
An oldie I had to revisit. I was in the mood for a lengthy historical romance set in India and saw this as a special on Audible. Narrated most excellently by Vikas Adam. I still loved it so many years later.

The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
The Man I Love-Audio
This novel is the first of a trilogy which includes Give Me Your Answer True, and Here to Stay. There is a fourth book, The Ones That Got Away, which I haven't read yet. Going by the blurb, it looks to be more a recap/procedural of the first three books. The Man I Love has won multiple awards and I decided to listen after finishing A Charm of Finches. It's an epic love story interwoven with a horrible school shooting. No one does emotion like Suanne Laqueur. I was a blubbering mess on several occasions.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god! You put The Fairy Pond on there! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I like stories that are different and push me out of my comfort zone. Yous left an impression and that's always good.

      I don't know why you got that message about your comment. As you can see, there's no problem on my end.

      Delete

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...