Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday Teaser!





Blurb:

A promising encounter takes a dark turn.

Captain Sami Soros and Father Jay Blackstone cross paths at a major European hub. When systems shut down due to a cyber-attack, flights are delayed and the resulting chaos is unprecedented.

After having served three tours in Afghanistan, recently discharged Sami struggles with his new civilian status. Emotionally depleted, and dangerously edgy, he views most of his fellowmen with utter contempt.

Jay is returning to his parish in San Francisco after a month-long retreat meant to shore up a crumbling vocation. All vestiges of spirituality melt away when he sets eyes on Sami.


They begin a clandestine affair fueled by a shared addiction to extreme forms of BDSM. Their relationship goes off the rails, and Jay reaches out to Rino Duran, a former seminarian. With the help of Dr. Ethan Marshall, Rino’s full-time Dom, the established couple attempt to separate truth from lies to give Jay and Sami a shot at happiness.





Excerpt

Yield by Mickie B. Ashling
Copyright November 2018
All rights reserved.


“Here you go.” The stranger’s outstretched hands with my coffee and sandwich jerked me back to the present.
“Thanks a lot.”
“I hope you like ham and cheese,” he remarked. “The other choice was deviled egg and cucumber.”
“This is fine. My name is Jay by the way. I think we’ve gone past the point of being total strangers.”
“Samael,” he rejoined. “But you can call me Sami.”
I didn’t blame him for leaving out the rest of his pertinent information since he was following my lead, and I was less than forthcoming. We finished our snacks in silence, and I gathered our trash and dumped it into the closest bin just as a fresh announcement came over the speaker. Passengers booked on flight 1326 to San Francisco were asked to report to the KLM counter.
We were informed there was an overbooking problem caused by the massive communication breakdown, and the only way we could board this outbound flight was to upgrade to business class.
“I can’t afford it,” I informed the agent, unable to mask my disappointment. Not without prior approval. I had no money of my own, and there was no one I could call at this hour to get the okay. I’d have to wait it out until they could accommodate me on the next flight.
Sami handed the representative a credit card. “You can put both our tickets on this.”
My eyes widened in shock. “No, I won’t allow it.”
“Pay me back another time.”
“Very generous of you but unacceptable nonetheless.”
“Listen,” Sami said in a tired voice. “I can afford it. Take the gift without turning this into a federal case.”
“But I—”
“No buts,” he interrupted. Turning back to the KLM representative, he asked, “Are we set?”
“Yes, sir.” She handed us our boarding passes.
I’d never been in business class before and was delighted by the wider seats and extra legroom. I stored my carryall in the overhead bin and asked Sami if he preferred the aisle or window seat. He chose the aisle, which worked for me. I enjoyed watching terra firma drop away as we climbed into the heavens. Plus, I liked having the wall to brace my pillow.
Once again, I attempted small talk, but Sami’s responses were clipped and put a damper on my enthusiasm. It was after dinner was served and the cabin lights were dimmed when I realized he was waiting for this quiet time to make his move.
The hand on my thigh shouldn’t have come as a surprise. Everything had a price and my upgrade was about to be repaid in a way I’d read about but never experienced. The most shocking part of the encounter was my body’s reaction to Sami’s touch. I’d always assumed my first time would be with a woman, but I found myself responding to this man.
“Are you okay with this?” he whispered.
I nodded. Even if I wanted to say no, my traitorous body wouldn’t let me. I was finally going to experience what I’d been dreaming about for umpteen thousand years. The blue blanket I’d been given upon embarking was spread out on my lap, so I knew our movements were hidden from the general public. The all-seeing eye didn’t factor into my current plans. I was beyond redemption at this point, and no amount of conscious thought would keep this from happening. I spread my legs and trembled in anticipation as his hand moved toward my groin.
“How long has it been?” he asked in a husky voice.
I turned in his direction, and the passion in those feral eyes set fire to my starving libido. “Too long.”
“I thought so,” he said. “We can both use a little reprieve.”


Yield is available for preorder at AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Book-Week 3

This weeks free book is Open Seating, the first book in the Open Series. You can find it on my author page at Amazon. Kindle Countdown deals...