Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday Snippet





Today's feature is Through My Own Lens, book 5 in the Horizons Series. 

Six-year-old Luca Dilorio made his first appearance in my novel Taste in 2011. Since then, he’s become a beloved character in the Horizons Series. In my novel Chyna Doll, fifteen-year-old Luca struggles with his orientation and his growing feelings for Chyna Davidson, a complex character who has faced and overcome many challenges, having been born intersex to a family in denial.


Through My Own Lens is a coming-of-age novel, part two of Luca and Chyna’s journey. Deeply in love, the high school graduates head for the East Coast. Chyna embarks on his modeling career in Manhattan while Luca enrolls at Cornell in Ithaca, New York. Learning how to function as separate entities after being a unit for years presents obstacles neither one anticipates. Roommates Zeb Araneda and Alex Boulet, new additions to the series, help the struggling couple figure it out.

Snippet

LOWERING HIS CAMERA, Ian Carmichael squinted across the divide of harsh lights and eviscerated me with one question. “Do you always look like this, or did someone come in your mouth without your permission?”

Stunned by the unexpected attack, I struggled to catch my breath while deliberating my next move. I could throat punch the asshole—and get on the blacklist—or choose the high road and keep my dignity intact.

“Don’t just stand there, Red. Answer me when I ask you something.”

My pulse sped up, and I was tempted to walk out the door, but that would only prove I was an incompetent newbie. I decided to tough it out, but not until I had my say.

“First off, my name is Chyna Davidson, not Red, and you might consider rephrasing your question.”

Instead of backing down, Ian challenged. “What the hell kind of name is Chyna anyway?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, but my mother was a fan of Wilson Phillips.”

“Who?”


“Forget it.” Clueless motherfucker




Buy Links: AMAZONNINESTAR PRESS


No comments:

Post a Comment