Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tuesday Teaser!




Your favorite stories from childhood have a new twist. Nine fairy tales of old with characters across the LGBTQIA+ spectrum.

My contribution to this fairy tale anthology is Once Upon a Mattress, a remake of The Princess and the Pea. Here's the blurb and a teaser to whet your appetite.

Once Upon a Mattress by Mickie B. Ashling – Will Errol spend a miserable night and prove his worthiness or will Sebastian have to keep on looking?

Crown Prince Sebastian of Sendorra has shied away from his obligations to marry and produce the requisite heir. He wants a love match—complicating an already difficult situation—and insists on finding the right man; someone willing and able to carry his child with medical intervention. The Royals throw a ball and invite eligible bachelors from all over the world.

Errol Maitland, a famous sculptor who lives in the small Principality, is tired of random hookups and relationships that fizzle out before they get started. He’s intrigued by the Prince’s invitation and decides to attend the ball.

Sebastian’s mother belongs to a clan of powerful witches. She’s convinced that a touch of magic will ease the selection process. Placing a spell on an ordinary pebble, she tucks it underneath Sebastian’s mattress. The right choice will voice a complaint. Will Errol spend a miserable night and prove his worthiness or will Sebastian have to keep on looking?

Teaser-Sebastian's POV

“Thank you for accepting my invitation,” he said in a low voice, studying my features. “A man who looks like you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a date.”
“Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought this meeting was far more than a date.”
“Indeed it is,” he admitted. “I’m pleasantly surprised that someone of your caliber is even considering my proposition.”
“Don’t sell yourself short, Your Highness.”
“Please, call me Sebastian or Bash. Leave the title out of this.”
“Fair enough. Is today really your birthday?”
He nodded.
“Am I supposed to be one of your presents?”
A rosy tinge crept across his cheeks before he lowered his head. It was incongruous, given his position, but I was elated. The rumors regarding Sebastian’s arrogance were turning out to be pure slander, or was this behavior reserved for me? If so, we were a match made in heaven.
I lifted his chin with my forefinger. “Look at me.”
Striking blue orbs bored into mine with intent. His face was still flushed and his mouth parted, but he didn’t veer when I slanted my mouth over his and took possession. His soft moan set fire to my neglected libido, and I had to contain the urge to press him down on the sofa and ravage him then and there. Gathering the last of my reserves, I broke the kiss.
“Why did you stop?” Sebastian asked, looking disappointed.
I thumbed his lower lip, now slick with our combined saliva. “I’m not sure if there’s some sort of protocol I need to follow when it comes to my next move.”
“Sorry?”
He looked dazed and incredibly sexy, but I forced myself to answer the question. “If you were anyone but a prince, there would be nothing in the world that could stop me.”
I reached for his hand and pressed it against my cock, so he could feel how desperately I wanted him. “See what you’re doing to me? I’d like nothing more than to carry on, but we’re in your bloody palace, and the royal guards are one scream away.”
Instead of nodding in agreement, Sebastian licked his lips and began to explore the folds of my plaid. “Is it true what they say about Scots and underwear?”
“Aye.”
“There’s nothing under here except you?”
I shifted when I felt his hand creeping up my naked thigh. “Don’t go any further, or you’ll pay the price.”
“And what might that be?” he flirted.
My hand moved of its own volition, collaring his neck. His breath caught, and the rapid pulsing of his heartbeat against my thumb did all kinds of strange and wonderful things to my psyche. I wanted this man.
In the worst way.
Right now.

This anthology is available for pre-order at NineStar Press, Amazon, and other major retailers. If you buy from NineStar, you can get a 30% discount until the day of release. After that it reverts to full price.

NineStar Press

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment