Friday, September 6, 2013

Baby news!


Beautiful baby Scarlett Alexandra, my first granddaughter, was born September 3 at a hefty 10lbs. 7oz.  She's my oldest son's first child, and the only girl in our immediate family in 36 years.  I won't get to see her until Thanksgiving, since we're several states apart, but I'm sure I'll be getting daily updates from her proud parents.

I'm off on my UK adventure tomorrow.  I'm meeting an online friend in London and then we join the rest of the members of our 3 week tour.  I hope to come home with lots of good memories and a ton of inspiration.

I still haven't heard back from the winner of my latest Cover Artist post.  Your prize is here if you leave a comment but I won't be able to send it until I return from my trip.

I should be home in plenty of time for the release of my latest novel, Ride-Off, a sequel to Fire Horse.  

6 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful. Look at those dark eyes. Wow, what a big baby! My son was born with brown eyes. Have a wonderful trip. I'll bet you're excited. Look forward to the new book. Another one for the collection. Hugs. Is your online friend anyone I'm likely to know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, J. She's a lovely baby and we'll all thrilled. I'm meeting bodlein in London for the first time. We've know each other online forever but this will be our first face to face meeting.

      Delete
  2. have a great trip! What a gorgeous girl :) I know you must feel so proud!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're very excited to have a new baby in the family, and after 5 boys, Scarlett is a welcome change.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to all. She's beautiful. And I thought my first great nephew was a big boy at 9lbs. :)

    Have a wonderful trip. Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. She was a huge baby and the most impressive part was my daughter-in-law had a natural delivery. And she's not a big girl so I can only imagine what she went through.

    Thanks for the good wishes on the trip. I'm looking forward to seeing Scotland and Ireland as I've never been there before.

    ReplyDelete